Please click images for links to a few of my favorite things, or proceed below for my writing.

reverse of volume - onishi yasuaki

butterflies, rafael aroujo

Rockefeller Center NYC - Mina Hu

reverse of volume - onishi yasuaki

mina vesper gokal

NicktoLee/Banksy

NicktoLee/Banksy

2/19/10

Midnight Letters and Morning Numbers.


Awaking from you
is not unlike awakening from a dream
in which I can not sleep.

In between-thought-fragments
I am tearing at sheets,
inside a mindscape my
fingers are peeling at walls,
layer upon layer of incased
paint
revealing nothing unlike the
color before it,
each to the next,
only marred in places
sketched with time,

i am unetching these marks
to put a whole in the stopwatch
the size of Jupiter
so that the Purpose
will stop finding it's way from
leaking out.

Like an encaged beast
I am stripped
but not without the Majesty
of the vision of the forest
which becomes me.

Pillows were made for sharing
now i lay me down to sleep
-fir trees trade places
for the feathers in here-

:
A dream is a thing they say
 which can never translate
except to say
-I found you there-

I need an alphabet of mirrors
not of measures;
I type the letters A = B = C
and they drift off the page
like a skylark.

Only the moon is left
to speak as witness
with its silences.

I have a storybook filled with pictures
that is mine alone,
not even of the earth,
except that you inhabit the hearth,
and that makes it Ours,
whether you may know it,
or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Mina Vesper Gokal a private comment? No comments will be posted for public viewing. Thank you.