Please click images for links to a few of my favorite things, or proceed below for my writing.

reverse of volume - onishi yasuaki

butterflies, rafael aroujo

Rockefeller Center NYC - Mina Hu

reverse of volume - onishi yasuaki

mina vesper gokal

NicktoLee/Banksy

NicktoLee/Banksy

12/19/10

Anti-Theft


Colloidal slivers of iridescent blindness formulate
the space around me
creating Time the perpetual fugitive.
Palindromes running back and forth
inside my mind
is a sleepless ship teetering this way and that
on a quivering tightrope line;
                     Air, an aria.

I sat like stone and perfect still
prolific to and fro the traffic sound cacophany
visual antitheses of motorbikes, goats, rickshaws, cars,
horns, cows, and wagons
lions, loin cloths, and madness
make
the echo of a silent Tibetan bell
sounding only once
as you approach.

5 uncommon languages fail to translate
         
what your eyes
are speaking
with my eyes.

With these tiny hands
I built a cold dungeon made from the greyest stone
and there in the damp and quiet
did weave a blanket
made of thick and shiny metals, chains
to capture that one moment there within.

And yes, like a blue-eyed laughing beast
did the sea come rolling in
to call my fortress
some mere castle made of sands,
           and wash it all away.

All except for only the Absence
which could not be stolen
is the sun-shaped cutout
here in the center of my chest:
the sun fell from the sky that day
and burned a hole through my soul.
You do exist.




For the servant and the priest, the soulmate and the stranger, from MVG.
Song2
Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send Mina Vesper Gokal a private comment? No comments will be posted for public viewing. Thank you.